It’s World Mental Health Day on 10th October. We’d like to take the opportunity to remind our contractor customers that you have access to a free professional counselling service with Umbrella Rewards. If you are affected by mental or emotional strain, especially in these difficult times, login to the Umbrella Rewards Customer Portal and visit the 'Care & Support' area.
We’re still at home – and still working for you!! But from Monday most of the team will be back in our offices, observing the rules, and looking forward to picking up where we left off before we rudely interrupted by a pandemic, with our first class, friendly service!!
If any of our agency partners would like some virtual team training or are just missing our faces, our business development team is available to support you.
Here are some more of our friendly faces working from home for you.
The new Umbrella Rewards COVID-19 area has been created for you and your family within the portal. To access help and support during these challenging times simply log in to the Umbrella Rewards portal here.
Are you wondering why there are rainbows popping up in windows around your local area too?
With social distancing and restrictions due to coronavirus, children are connecting with each other by creating colourful rainbows and displaying them in their windows for passers-by to see and to spread hope and cheer.
It is thought this rainbow display trend began in Italy, but has quickly caught on in other countries.
Umbrella.co.uk have of course been putting together comprehensive plans to ensure that we are fully prepared for whatever the next few months brings.
The planning has considered all key parts of our business. We consider these to be:
- Business partner relationship management
- New business consultation and registration
- Contracting with and onboarding of new clients
- Submission of timesheets and expenses
- Customer service
We obviously hope that the situation is unlikely and will not occur but, should the worst happen and significant numbers of staff are unable to attend the office, we are 100% confident that we will be able to maintain all the above processes with minimal disruption.
- We have identified key staff who will manage business critical activity in all areas. We will adapt to any given circumstances and flexibility exists for the key staff to either work from the office or from home with equal efficiency.
- We are confident that we would not lose any capability to support and pay our contractor employees. Our confidence is borne from the fact that all of our major softwares which are intrinsic to processes are web-based and can therefore be accessed from anywhere. Those that sit on our internal servers would be available via VPN connections. Our external IT administrators have provided sufficient hardware capacity for multiple staff to be accessing the servers via VPN simultaneously. Mobile equipment for staff remote working is already in place and tested.
- Our telephone system is also web-based and all key staff will have access to it via their mobile phones using a SWiP app. This means that inbound calls can be taken on staff mobiles wherever they are, without the caller even being aware that the call has been re-routed. Routing calls through our server also allows us to maintain our practice of recording all in and outbound calls.
"Please be assured that we are confident of maintaining ‘business as usual’ as best we can. We are not however complacent and will continue to monitor developments to ensure we can react quickly. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions" - Nick Holmes, CEO
Congratulations to Hannah Kelman on winning Umbrella.co.uk September Employee of the Month.
“Hannah is an asset to the payroll team; she consistently goes above and beyond!” Holly Oakes, Payroll Manager
Umbrella.co.uk staff are still working hard to support our contractors and agency partners from home. We would like to thank you all for your patience and look forward to being safely back together in the office. If any of our agency partners would like some virtual team training or are just missing our faces, our business development team is available to support our agency partners. If you are a contractor with a query, be assured that our full customer service team is active. So, get in touch, they’re waiting to help you!
We hope you are staying safe in these testing times.
The Job Retention Scheme has been announced by the government to support those PAYE workers who have been laid off due to the coronavirus.
Unfortunately as a business we are restricted by the pace in which the government releases the detail. The Directors here at umbrella.co.uk are in talks with our employment lawyers continuously about the Job Retention Scheme as well as liaising with industry bodies like the FCSA & APSCo. See the latest response from the FCSA here.
Rest assured we are hoping to be in a position where those whose assignments are terminated due to Covid 19 are able to be furloughed. However, until we are comfortable with the detail we cannot provide you with confirmation.
Once we have the full detail from the government in terms of how furlough payments can be processed for umbrella employees, we will be back in touch with the information you need.
We are awaiting further information from government in relation to the Government’s planned job retention scheme / furloughing workers receiving 80% income.
We are hoping that the job retention scheme will be applicable to umbrella, but we do not actually know for certain at this stage.
The situation is changing on a daily basis and we will keep you informed of all developments that we are aware of.
Please find some useful information about Recruiters and the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme here.
Nick Holmes, CEO.
We are delighted to announce that Rebecca McCarthy, Business Development Executive at Umbrella.co.uk, has won the January 2020 Employee of the Month.
“Rebecca’s cheerful nature and helpful manner have proven to be a winning combination with our sales team and our contractors!
Rebecca will always go the extra mile to help our contractors in ensuring that their experience enrolling with Umbrella.co.uk is professional, pleasant and easy.
A popular team member, her happy nature shines through every day.
Congratulations Rebecca, on an accolade well deserved!” Jane Thornhill, Sales Manager