Umbrella.co.uk staff are still working hard to support our contractors and agency partners from home. We would like to thank you all for your patience and look forward to being safely back together in the office. If any of our agency partners would like some virtual team training or are just missing our faces, our business development team is available to support our agency partners. If you are a contractor with a query, be assured that our full customer service team is active. So, get in touch, they’re waiting to help you!
Umbrella.co.uk have of course been putting together comprehensive plans to ensure that we are fully prepared for whatever the next few months brings.
The planning has considered all key parts of our business. We consider these to be:
- Business partner relationship management
- New business consultation and registration
- Contracting with and onboarding of new clients
- Submission of timesheets and expenses
- Customer service
We obviously hope that the situation is unlikely and will not occur but, should the worst happen and significant numbers of staff are unable to attend the office, we are 100% confident that we will be able to maintain all the above processes with minimal disruption.
- We have identified key staff who will manage business critical activity in all areas. We will adapt to any given circumstances and flexibility exists for the key staff to either work from the office or from home with equal efficiency.
- We are confident that we would not lose any capability to support and pay our contractor employees. Our confidence is borne from the fact that all of our major softwares which are intrinsic to processes are web-based and can therefore be accessed from anywhere. Those that sit on our internal servers would be available via VPN connections. Our external IT administrators have provided sufficient hardware capacity for multiple staff to be accessing the servers via VPN simultaneously. Mobile equipment for staff remote working is already in place and tested.
- Our telephone system is also web-based and all key staff will have access to it via their mobile phones using a SWiP app. This means that inbound calls can be taken on staff mobiles wherever they are, without the caller even being aware that the call has been re-routed. Routing calls through our server also allows us to maintain our practice of recording all in and outbound calls.
"Please be assured that we are confident of maintaining ‘business as usual’ as best we can. We are not however complacent and will continue to monitor developments to ensure we can react quickly. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions" - Nick Holmes, CEO
Umbrella staff have been busy in their free time getting their desks festive ready for the annual desk decorating competition.
A little tinsel here, some snowflake stickers there…and then came an onslaught of creative and tasteful office decorations until the offices transformed into our own Umbrella Winter Wonderland.
Happy Halloween from all the team at Umbrella.co.uk.
We’ve all been embracing Halloween in the office today whilst fundraising for Mind, our charity of the month.
The new Umbrella Rewards COVID-19 area has been created for you and your family within the portal. To access help and support during these challenging times simply log in to the Umbrella Rewards portal here.
We are delighted to announce that Rebecca McCarthy, Business Development Executive at Umbrella.co.uk, has won the January 2020 Employee of the Month.
“Rebecca’s cheerful nature and helpful manner have proven to be a winning combination with our sales team and our contractors!
Rebecca will always go the extra mile to help our contractors in ensuring that their experience enrolling with Umbrella.co.uk is professional, pleasant and easy.
A popular team member, her happy nature shines through every day.
Congratulations Rebecca, on an accolade well deserved!” Jane Thornhill, Sales Manager
We are delighted to announce that Stephen Holt, Payroll Assistant, has won December Umbrella.co.uk Employee of the Month.
“Stephen always goes the extra mile to help agencies and our internal teams, ensuring contractors get paid correctly and on time. A crucial team player who’s enthusiasm and positive attitude shines through every day.
Congratulations Stephen for your double December win…Employee of the Month and got engaged! Well done and keep up the good work.” Jon Biddle, Director.
We’ve gone all green-fingered with our new break out area, creating the perfect garden space for staff to eat, meet and relax during breaks.
The weather isn’t always brilliant outside our Wilmslow offices, especially now that we are inching towards winter. But the new garden-themed breakout area turns every lunch time into a park-side picnic.
With large picnic tables, foliage walls, planters and reclaimed wood panelling, the garden paradise is the perfect place to sit down, collect your thoughts and take five. But our favourite feature is the three large brand-coloured umbrellas that unify everyone under the same canopy.