Working out at home is the new going out. How to weather the storm at home.
Home online video workouts surge amid coronavirus self-isolation, social distancing and working from home.
If you’re feeling well then there are many good reasons for keeping up regular exercise. It will help reduce your stress, improve your mental health and increase your immunity.
Even the 1980s fitness guru Diana Moran, also known as the Green Goddess, is making a comeback to BBC Breakfast in a bid to help the over-70s stay active while they’re self-isolating. Another blast from the past, Mr Motivator and his neon workout gear, is doing his bit to keep the nation fit https://metro.co.uk/video/mr-motivator-wants-moving-self-isolation-21358...
To help support your mental health through this time of crisis, Headspace are offering some free meditations you can listen to anytime. Find out more
“These are part of a larger collection in the Headspace app — free for everyone — called Weathering the storm. It includes meditations, sleep, and movement exercises to help you out, however you’re feeling. It’s our small way of helping you find some space and kindness for yourself and those around you.”
Below are just some of the popular workouts you can find on https://www.youtube.com/ that can be done at home with little or no equipment.
We do want to encourage our staff and customers to stay healthy and fit whilst staying at home, but we’re not personal trainers! So please share your tips for working from home workout videos on our social media.
- Oti Mabuse and Marius Lepure wash your hands dance
- Chloe Ting – Abs Workout Challenge
- Yoga with Down Dog
- Headspace Meditation. Getting Started - If you've ever wanted to learn how to meditate, but didn't know where to start, this is the video for you.
- 20 Minute Natural Glute Enhancing Isolate Workout. At home butt lifting exercises!
- Sixpackabs – start losing belly fat fast: 7-minute beginner home exercise routine
- Yoga for Complete Beginners - 20 Minute Home Yoga Workout!
- 9 Most useful dryland exercises for swimmers (When COVID-19 is everywhere)
- At Home Isolation Workout Program - The LAST Gym Session
- Joe Wicks 9am PE workout (The Body Coach)
- Pamela Reif – 10 min ab workout - no equipment
- simeon panda – build real muscle at home (no gym needed)
- Nastassia Ponomarenko – At Home Upper Body Workout - 10 Minutes & No Equipment
- Blogilates – POP Pilates
- The body coach tv – 20-minute full body home hit
- Dance yourself to fitness with Karen Hardy (Strictly Come Dancing)
- Vanessa Bauer - isolation workout - beginner full body workout
- Absolute Beginners HIIT Workout – The Body Coach. The Body Coach TV.
- Bright Side – 5-Minute Workout.
- FitnessBlender – 10 Min Abs Workout.
- 20 Minute Abdominal Isolate Workout - At-home, no equipment exercises for flat abs!
Here’s some other resources you could take a look at:
- 10 Today offers online videos and radio broadcasts with regular exercises for the over 55s.
- For those who can’t muster the motivation to exercise alone, there are many studios and gyms around the country taking their regular classes online.
- Sport England also has a curated list of online videos and links – from low-intensity exercises from the NHS for the over 65s to Disney videos for kids – which are available here.
- Coronavirus fitness: step-by-step yoga stretches for exercises by Barbara Currie