TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DEBT AND MOVE FORWARD TO A BRIGHTER FINANCIAL FUTURE
Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)
Company Voluntary Arrangements (CVA) are in many ways similar to the Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) debt solution for personal consumers.
A CVA can be agreed at any point of a company’s insolvency, up to and including during liquidation.
The CVA must be administered by a qualified insolvency practitioner. The practitioner will fully review the company’s finances and submit a proposal to all the business creditors, which will include full details of the business’s liabilities and assets, offers for repayment of debts, and the proposed duration of the CVA.
Three quarters of the commercial creditors determined by debt value must agree in a meeting to accept the terms of the CVA proposal, after which the arrangement becomes binding on all parties.
Benefits of a CVA:
- The company will make one single affordable payment each month directly to the insolvency practitioner who, after he has deducted his fees, then disburses the payments out to the individual creditors as agreed;
- Once the CVA is approved, the business will become more stable and usually this will be reflected in an improved cash flow;
- While bound by the terms of a CVA, creditors may not continue or initiate legal action against the company;
- No interest or charges from historic debts included in the CVA can be added from the date of approval; and
- At the end of the CVA term, any outstanding debt that remains unpaid is written off including debt to HM Revenue and Customs.
Our experts have a wealth of experience in this area and are available today for a free initial consultation in the strictest of confidence. Call 0800 611 8888 or email us or click below to request a call back.
Testimonials from clients
“I extend my appreciation of your professional efficiency in handling my company business and herewith say thank you.” Maxine R
“First of all, I would like to say a BIG Thank You for all of your assistance over the past year. I would not be in the positive state of recovery without Umbrella. Your care and assistance at the application stage last summer, along with the advice throughout the year, has been great. I would not hesitate to tell anyone in my negative situation where to turn to.” Mr TM
Umbrella IVA is provided by Umbrella Accountants LLP who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered Office: Bollin House, Bollin Link, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1DP: Company Number OC360021. Data Protection Number Z2517380. VAT Registration Number 107346824
Umbrella, Umbrella IVA and Umbrella Insolvency are trading styles of Umbrella Accountants LLP.
Thomas Fox LLB MIPA is an employee of Umbrella Accountants LLP and is licensed to act as an Insolvency Practitioner in the UK by the Insolvency Practitioners Association.
Professional Indemnity Insurance - In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009, the firm’s professional indemnity insurer is Hiscox Underwriting Limited of 1 Great St. Helens, London, EC3A 6HX. The territorial coverage is worldwide excluding professional business carried out in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim brought in any court in the USA or Canada.